NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT ATTORNEYS
(“NJILGA” or the “Institute”)
Join or Renew an NJILGA Membership
NJILGA is an organization of local government attorneys focused increasing the quality of representation for New Jersey local governments by acting as a resource for local government attorneys. NJILGA’s members include attorneys who represent or have regularly represented local governments and local government agencies and boards, including municipalities, counties and their authorities, planning boards and zoning boards. NJILGA is an affiliate organization of the New Jersey State League of Municipalities (NJLM) and provides vital legal assistance to the League. Non-local government attorneys in good standing in New Jersey who are interested in local government law are also welcome to join the Institute. Non-attorneys are welcome to subscribe to the NJILGA Local Government Law Review.
Membership Benefits include:
- NJILGA Law Review – Distributed quarterly to all members and subscribers
- Legal Assistance Committee – experienced practitioners provide advice to members of the institute.
- Annual Convention Seminars – Annual two-day educational program at the NJLM Annual Conference in Atlantic City.
- Special Seminars and Programs – High quality educational opportunities sponsored or co-sponsored with NJLM,
Rutgers, NJICLE and NJSBA.
- NJILGA Member Discussion Group – Participate with other members in on-line discussions of local government law issues, including developments and cases impacting local governments.
- Diplomate in Local Government Law – A program of courses taught by experienced local government attorneys
covering municipal procedure, land use, tort claims, public lands and buildings, municipal finance and labor law. Those
who take the courses and pass the exam in each course are awarded the designation of Diplomate in Local Government
Law. The courses, offered in cooperation with Rutgers Center for Government Services qualify for the CLE credits
required of attorneys.
- Amicus Curiae Briefs – NJILGA works with NJLM to identify cases of importance to local governments that may benefit
from Amicus Curiae participation. Interested members may assist in preparing Amicus Curiae briefs.
- Social Opportunities – NJILGA sponsors events including an annual baseball outing at one of the minor league parks and
our annual social event in Atlantic City (free to member and guest).
- NJILGA Website – including access to members section.
Annual Dues are $50 for an attorney with bar admission less than one year; $75 for an attorney with bar admission over one year but less than five years, $115 for an attorney admitted five years or more. If more than one member of a firm or legal department enrolls, the dues for the additional members shall be $75 each. Any firm with five paid members may enroll additional members without charge. $30 Student membership with a copy of a valid student ID submitted with application.
Subscription only – Non-attorneys may subscribe to the NJILGA Law Review at a cost of $115 annually.
NJILGA Membership Application (online form)
NJILGA Membership Application (PDF Fillable form) to print and submit with check)
You can pay your annual NJILGA dues/renewal by check or online using the link below:
Pay via Paypal:
Membership Fee $115:
Membership Fee (2nd and subsequent members of same firm or attorneys admitted under 5 years) - $75:
Fee (attorneys admitted less than 1 year)) $50:
Membership for Student (with valid ID) membership $30:
Trustee Assessment Fee $200: